Multiple Preschool Offerings in San Lorenzo Unified School District!
San Lorenzo Unified School District works with their partners to provide preschool programs at ALL 9 elementary campuses, plus an additional preschool at Royal Sunset.
Kidango provides morning and afternoon preschool at Bay, Colonial Acres, Corvallis, Dayton, Del Rey, Grant, Hesperian and Royal Sunset. The two preschools located at Hillside and Lorenzo Manor Schools are operated by Community Development Institute Services, Inc., as Head Start preschools. Both organizations focus on creating quality preschools for 3 and 4 year old students, which are accessible to middle and low income families. With all of the preschools combined, we have approximately 520 preschool slots available on district campuses!
For enrollment information into these programs, please call the organizations directly at the numbers below:
Kidango Preschools--1-800-262-4252 or visit their website at www.kidango.org :
- Bay Elementary School, 2001 Bockman Rd., San Lorenzo, CA 94580
- Colonial Acres School, 17115 Meekland Ave., Hayward, CA 94541
- Corvallis School, 14790 Corvallis Street, San Leandro, CA 94579
- Dayton School, 1500 Dayton Avenue, San Leandro, CA 94579
- Del Rey School, 1510 Via Sonya, San Lorenzo, CA 94580
- Grant School, 879 Grant Avenue, San Lorenzo, CA 94580
- Hesperian School, 620 Drew Street, San Lorenzo, CA 94580
- State Preschool At Royal Sunset, 20450 Royal Avenue, Hayward, CA 94541
Head Start Preschools--510-796-9512, extension 4321
- Hillside Elementary School, 15980 Marcella St., San Leandro, 94578
- Lorenzo Manor Elementary School, 18250 Bengal Ave., Hayward, CA 94541
For further information regarding preschool programs, please contact Fleur McJilton, School Readiness and Transition Specialist at 317-4238 or email at email@example.com or Barbara DeBarger, Assistant Superintendent of Education at 317-4706 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spotlight on: PreK-K Transition Specialist, Fleur McJilton!
The San Lorenzo School District is pleased to introduce Fleur McJilton, our PreK/Kindergarten Transition Specialist. Fleur is a TSA paid from a grant we have from First Five Alameda County, who funds our summer preK camps and readiness programs.
With the introduction of so many new preschool programs in the district, it has become necessary to provide coordination and oversite to these programs, and First Five has been generous in providing us funds for this purpose.
Fleur has several areas of responsibility:
· Increasing communication between preschool and kindergarten staff
· Providing coordination around preschool to kindergarten transition topics
· Coordinating our kindergarten registration events
· Providing avenues for parent education in PreK/K
· Coordinating the summer PreK camp program
Fleur's background is as an early childhood teacher in our school district, having taught TK, Kindergarten and First Grade. She has also taught our Summer PreK camp for many years and brings a lot of enthusiasm to her work. She will be working out of the Educational Services department and can be reached at 317-4238.