Zoom for Educators
Zoom Guides and Features
If it’s your first time using Zoom, visit the Educating Guide: Getting Started on Zoom and complete the steps in advance of your class to get you set up.
Login to your District Google Account
Under Applications – Look for the Zoom Logo & Click
If you have trouble with your account please contact HELPSTAR for assistance.
Teaching Over Video - Delivery Tips and Tricks
- Pre-set your meeting to mute participant’s microphones upon entry. This helps to avoid background noise and allow your students to focus on your lesson.
- Look at the camera to create eye contact with your students. This helps to create a more personal connection while teaching over video.
- Take a second to check chat or your student’s video (if on camera) to check-in with your students and get feedback.
- Speak as if you’re face-to-face with the class while ensuring you’re at the appropriate distance from the microphone for the best audio experience.
- When delivering a presentation, sharing images, files or video, give your students a moment to open or take in what you’ve shared.
- Embrace the pause. Take a moment after the end of your comments and allow for students to engage before continuing on.
Zoom offers great tools for classroom engagement? Get information about the following:
More Zoom Resources
Visit the Zoom Resources Center for helpful topics like:
Find available technology training with the Technology Professional Development team. Click here to see recent and upcoming PD’s.
Need additional help? Visit Zoom Help Center page