Small Learning Communities
San Lorenzo Unified is a “choice-based” district at the high school level. In this model, students belong to a High School and to an SLCs and placement does not depend on address. Students can participate in all activities and events.
Our district has 8 Small Learning Communities:
- Bay Area Digital Arts, SLZ HS
- East Bay Arts, SLZ HS
- Future Leaders for Social Change, AHS
- Health & Medicine, AHS
- Law, Leadership and Culture, SLZ HS
- Tech-Links, AHS
- TREND, AHS
We invite you to view our video of our SLC's.
The HS Options form is the first step (for 8th grade students only) to choose an SLC for High School for the 23-24 school year. After this step is complete, wait for a placement letter (mid-February) from our HS Enrollment Office. These links are now active and available until December 16, 2022.
High School Enrollment Process
- High School enrollment for the 22-23 school year continues to be open. If you fill out an online enrollment form, it will be for this school year. The enrollment period for the 23-24 school year does not start until April 2023. Once it is available, ensure you are enrolling for the correct school year.
- Our District has transitioned to online enrollment: The link can be accessed by clicking:
- Be prepared to upload required documents (Two proofs of residence, student's birth certificate, parents' ID, Immunization Record, and Transcripts). If your student has an IEP or a 504 Plan, be ready to upload it also. If you have trouble setting up an account or uploading documents, you can email our Sr. Office Assistant, Ms. Monica Flores at [email protected] or by calling (510) 317-4708.
Our office is closed from mid-June to early August. Upon return, we review the completed applications and call families to place our high school students in one of our Small Learning Community. Please read the SLC Guide on the right section to find out your choices. Some SLCs fill faster than others, therefore be prepared to share an alternative SLC.
East Bay Arts High School is now located at the San Lorenzo High Campus
Explore Our Small Learning Communities by reading the SLC Program Guide and several other documents on the right column
Educational Services SLC Coordinator
Sr. Office Assistant
23-24 HS Transition Info
Small Learning Community Forms & Resources
SLC Program Guide & SLC Description