Small Learning Communities
San Lorenzo Unified is a “choice-based” district at the high school level. In this model, students belong to a High School and to an SLCs and placement does not depend on address. Students can participate in all activities and events.
Our district has 8 Small Learning Communities:
- Bay Area Digital Arts, SLZ HS
- East Bay Arts, SLZ HS
- Future Leaders for Social Change, AHS
- Health & Medicine, AHS
- Law, Leadership and Culture, SLZ HS
- Promise (AVID) Academy, SLZ HS
- Tech-Links, AHS
- TREND, AHS
We invite you to view our video of our current SLC's.
The HS Options form is the first step (for 8th grade students only) to choose an SLC for High School for the 21-22 school year. After this step is complete wait for a placement letter from our HS Enrollment Office.
High School Enrollment for 21-22 School Year
- High School enrollment for the 21-22 school year is now open.
- Our District has transitioned to online enrollment: The link can be accessed by clicking:
- Be prepared to upload required documents (Two proofs of residence, student's birth certificate, parents' ID, Immunization Record, and Transcripts). If your student comes from out of the country, be ready to show proof of a negative TB test. If your student has an IEP or a 504 Plan, be ready to upload it also. If you have trouble setting up an account or uploading documents, you can email our Sr. Office Assistant, Ms. Monica Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (510) 317-4708.
Our office will be closed from June 17, 2021 to August 3, 2021. When we return, we will review the completed applications and will call you to find out your preferred Small Learning Community. Please read the SLC Guide on the right section to find out your choices. Some SLCs fill faster than others, therefore be prepared to share an alternative SLC. The first day of school is August 19, 2021.
East Bay Arts High School is now located at the San Lorenzo High Campus
Explore Our Small Learning Communities by reading the SLC Program Guide and several other documents on the right column
Educational Services Coordinator
Sr. Office Assistant
21-22 Program Guides
Small Learning Community Forms & Resources
8th Grade Transitions - Informational Meeting
Power Point Presentations