Technology Integration Services: IT/Administrative Support
All technology users have different but related needs, so the members of TIS work together to support all users.
One-Stop Tech Support
The most efficient way to request help is by submitting a HelpSTAR by email email@example.com or calling extension 4749 (emergencies). We'll make sure that your request is directed to the right away.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technological and network issues
- Imaging new computers/devices
- Creating or recovering of passwords for Google Apps for Education (GAFE) and Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP) accounts
- Providing Network Login Request accounts (district network login/email account creation or change.) For more information and guides please visit the IT Resources and Forms page.
- Scheduling appointments to return or track repairs to laptop, Chromebook, or tablets
- Reserving the IMTC Training Room or IMTC Large Room
- IMTC Training Room offers table seating for 30
- IMTC Large Room offers table seating for 20 or theater-style, 25, with 70" monitor for presentations
- Resolving School Loop account issues
- Request student Gmail access to additional domains
Administrative and Departmental Support
Every employee and new project requires access to technology of some way, shape or form. Most common requests include:
- network logins
- requests for tech specs and quotes
- family outreach
- website support
- implementation of new initiatives and subscription services
Current Initiatives: TIS is coordinating efforts to implement a new communication management service, expanding 1:1 student to device access across the District through Project LEAN In, and updating the District Technology Plan.
Aeries SIS users can receive support, attend workshops throughout the school year to ensure CALPADS data entry standards for state reporting compliance, and get user account management assistance. (more Aeries information)
District attendance staff support and guidance is available in regards to attendance and ADA compliance for state reporting, and Aeries SIS user assistance.
Onsite and Instructional Support
Computer Media Specialists (CMS) assist teachers in the classroom/computer lab, venue set up, including projector use guidance, user support, and GAFE password recovery. CMS's maintain mobile device carts inventory and/or intra-site reservation(s), along with HelpSTAR submission guidance for technical issues.
- Bay, Corvallis, Dayton: Jennifer Bernal
- Colonial: Rebecca Codere
- Del Rey: Rochelle Usher
- Grant, Hillside, Lorenzo Manor: Farina Bibi
- Hesperian: Angie Villegas
- Bohannon MS: Isabella Mary
- Edendale: Christopher Condap
- Washington Manor, East Bay Arts, Royal Sunset: Arlo Tualaulelei
- Arroyo HS: Mikal Dace
- San Lorenzo HS: Amanpreet Grewal
Teachers on Special Assignment (TSA) provide technology integration workshops, device orientations for Certificated, Classified, and Administrative staff. TSAs provide onsite PD, peer coaching, co-teaching, website support and so much more.
Ed Tech Advisory Committee (ETAC)
San Lorenzo Unified School District's Ed Tech Committee consists of a representative from each site and District department's technology leadership team, who meet monthly to hear updates, news, spotlighted hands-on experiences, and share technological happenings from their locations. Meetings are open to anyone who is interested in attending. To find out more visit our ETAC page.