Pear Deck for Families
What is Pear Deck?
San Lorenzo Unified School District teachers incorporate online resources and tools such as Pear Deck to better teach their students. Your children may be using Pear Deck to complete their school work from home. Pear Deck makes the slides interactive so every student can respond to questions or prompts right on their own screens.
As a caregiver or parent, you may see your student working in Pear Deck, or need to assist with their assignment, so here’s what to know!
Pear Deck allows teachers to:
- Build interactive lessons using tools like PowerPoint and Google Slides
- See student work and responses as they’re working, enabling teachers to adjust the lesson or answer questions
- Receive questions or feedback from students that they may have been too afraid to ask in front of the class
- Ask students about their thoughts and feelings in a safe, one-on-one channel
- Share student contributions anonymously for group discussion