Pear Deck for Families
What is Pear Deck?
San Lorenzo Unified School District teachers incorporate online resources and tools such as Pear Deck to better teach their students. Your children may be using Pear Deck to complete their school work from home. Pear Deck makes the slides interactive so every student can respond to questions or prompts right on their own screens.
As a caregiver or parent, you may see your student working in Pear Deck, or need to assist with their assignment, so here’s what to know!
Pear Deck allows teachers to:
- Build interactive lessons using tools like PowerPoint and Google Slides
- See student work and responses as they’re working, enabling teachers to adjust the lesson or answer questions
- Receive questions or feedback from students that they may have been too afraid to ask in front of the class
- Ask students about their thoughts and feelings in a safe, one-on-one channel
- Share student contributions anonymously for group discussion
Using Pear Deck at Home
Students only need a web browser and WiFi to use Pear Deck. The teacher will create an interactive lesson, and students will log in by visiting joinpd.com and entering a 5-letter code, or by clicking a link.
Teachers can see student work as it is happening, so they can monitor student progress and give feedback as needed. Teachers may use Pear Deck in conjunction with a video call to work on a lesson together.
Teachers can also assign students to work in Pear Deck on their own time. Again, teachers can see student progress as they’re working, so teachers will know who is on track and who needs assistance.