District Technology Purchases
Specs and Quotes
The Technology Integration Services and Purchasing Departments have collaborated to create an improved technology purchasing process to streamline the process of purchasing technology items, such as computing devices, carts, projectors, printers, etc. Find the District Technology Standards here. All District users should follow the work flow below to request specs and quotes for standard and non-standard devices:
- Sites submit the "Request for Tech Specs" form online. The form includes specs and estimated prices for standard items to help prospective purchasers make initial decisions about quantities and budget implications.
- Technology Integration Services recommends/approves specs.
- Purchasing obtains quotes and sends it to the authorized requester listed on the form.
- The authorized requester at the site submits a purchase requisition through Escape and attaches the quote.
- Accounting checks the purchase req against designated budget codes.
- Once the req is approved by Accounting, Purchasing will issue the PO to the vendor.
- Warehouse will deliver items to TIS for imaging/provisioning or to site, depending on the items purchased.
Please be a champion for protecting student data privacy, by only using approved apps and by encouraging others to do the same.
Software that is not on this list, and which collects any student information whatsoever should not be used, those applications may sell the students' information or use it for marketing purposes.
If there is a Software Title that is not on the list and you are considering it Please contact TIS to assist with the review of any new software or educational resource before it is approved for use.