Attendance/Records & Open Enrollment

Student Support Services aims to assist students, families, and staff in navigating attendance concerns through teamwork, support, and information verification in an attempt to provide equitable outcomes. Through cross-departmental collaboration, we aim to facilitate placement for all students in accordance with the San Lorenzo Unified School District Board Policy, California Education Code, and student/family need.


See links below for information related to Attendance and Record Requests. If you cannot find what you are looking for, contact us at 510-317-4760


Open Enrollment


open enrollmentOpen Enrollment is an application process to move from your home school to another school within the district.


Click the image for directions and application





Inter-District Transfer Applications are required for:

  • Students living outside of San Lorenzo Unified boundaries wishing to attend school within San Lorenzo
  • Students living inside of San Lorenzo Unified boundaries wishing to attend school in another district

Click the image for directions and application

If you graduated from the San Lorenzo Unified School District and need a transcript, you may request one from the Student Support Services Department at the District Office. Current students of the San Lorenzo Unified School District can request a transcript through your high school office.
Click image for directions to request a transcript



Student Attendance Review Teams (SART)/ Student Attendance Review Board (SARB)


The School Attendance Review Board (SARB) aims to develop relationships with students and families in order to improve attendance. The School Attendance Review Board’s (SARB) goal is to:

  • Improve graduation rates
  • Reduce dropout rates for students with continuous attendance challenges;
  • Support students and families to identify and address barriers to attendance.

Students are referred to the School Attendance Review Board (SARB) after all the resources available to a school’s Student Attendance Review Team (SART) have been exhausted.

Click image to learn more about SART and SARB



For a records request for a DACA application or renewal, email or call:

Gloria Tovar at [email protected] (510) 317- 4764.



Please include:

  • Your full name used while enrolled in San Lorenzo Unified
  • Schools and years attended
  • Birthdate
  • A copy of your identification

Records can be picked in person or mailed to you, but will not be emailed. Allow 5 business days for processing. You will be notified when documents are available.

San Lorenzo Unified is a Safe Haven school district and is committed to provide an education to every student that walks through our doors regardless of immigration status.

work permit




During the regular school year, work permits are obtained through the students' school Registrar or Assistant Principal's Office.

During summer break or school holidays, work permits can be obtained through the Student Support Services office. Our office hours are Monday- Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. If you have questions, call (510) 317- 4760. Call ahead to ensure someone is available to issue permit.

Work Permit applications can also be obtained by click on this link: Work Permit Application form


When a parent/family comes into the school and is unable to provide adequate proof of residency as outlined by School District Policy; the school office will contact the Student Support Services office and a home visit/verification will be requested.   The School Attendance Liaison will make a home visit. The child and guardian must be present at the time of the visit. If you have more than one student or students attending different schools, please be sure to specify that at the time of registration and the home visit.   They will provide the family with a copy of the District Office Verification of Residency form, (which is an NCR form). The family will then bring this form to the school site, where the registration process will continue.

guardianGuardianship/ Caregiver Affidavit


California Education Code states that a student must attend school in the school district in which the parent/guardian resides unless a permit has been granted.   If there is no legal documentation of guardianship and the parents do not reside in the proximity of San Lorenzo Unified School District, an Affidavit of Residency can be obtained from the Student Support Services Department.   The School Attendance Liaisons can issue the Affidavit. Guardians must prove residency and signatures must be obtained by both parent and guardian. In emergency situations, a notarized letter will be accepted.   The Affidavit will stay on file with the San Lorenzo Unified School District until the student reaches the age of 18. A copy is provided to the guardian to bring to the school office as well as a copy for their reference.   It is best to schedule an appointment prior to coming to the District Office to be sure the Child Welfare and Attendance Specialist is in the office:


For an appointment to complete an affidavit, contact :
Rocio Gonzalez-Romero: (510) 317-4767