Teacher Induction Program
San Lorenzo's Teacher Induction Program
San Lorenzo Unified School District is a part of the Contra Costa County of Education (CCCOE) Consortium. CCCOE offices are located at 77 Santa Barbara Road, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523. Visit their website (below) for more information & relevant documents.
The username and password for the CAS FAS Electronic Tools are below. Participating Teachers, this is where you can go to see the documents your Mentor has on their flash drives. Click on Documents and choose the CAS FAS Electronic Tools.
- username: cccoetip
- password: cccoetip
- Anneka Harper-Knox, Teacher Induction Program Liaison
email@example.com (510) 317-4707
Contra Costa County Office of Education BTSA Induction Consortium:
What to do this month
November/December To Do List
- Mentor/Participating Teacher Activity Log--attached. Continue to keep track of your weekly meetings on your Mentor/PT Activity Log. The goal is to meet once a week for sixty minutes. This form will be submitted at the Mid-Year Review (February 7th) and again at the Colloquium (May 15th).
- Complete Collaborative Assessment Logs (CAL)--attached. Your mentor will use CALs to capture your weekly conversations.
- Start developing your Inquiry Action Plan (IAP). Start by revisiting your ILP. Choose 1+ goal(s) to focus on. Use the boxed IAP scaffold to help you create your Inquiry question. Attached are clean versions of the IAP and a few examples of completed IAPs. This document needs to be sent to your liaison by January 31st.
- Prepare for your second Observation. Check in with your mentor about the date & time for your second observation in January, between Jan 10th-28th. Add the observation notes to your flash drive.
- Veteran Teacher Observations (OPTIONAL, BUT RECOMMENDED). Each Participating Teacher has access to a half day sub, which can be used to observe veteran teachers. To request a sub, email your liaison (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the day and start time. A half day sub is for three hours and forty minutes and the best days to request are Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Want a full day? Let’s contact your site administrator. They may be willing and able to match us for a full day.
To prepare for your observation, work with your mentor to develop a schedule and communicate with your Office Manager, so they know where you’ll be and when. I’ve attached the Veteran Teacher Observation Form--another optional tool to use for note taking. This can be a great opportunity to see other classrooms and can give you some ideas for your IAP.
- Upcoming events & due dates:
- San Lorenzo Inquiry Action Plan (IAP) Optional Workshop-- Thursday, Jan17th, 4:00-6:00 pm, TIS Training Room
- Inquiry Action Plan (IAP) due via email-- January 31st
- Professional Development Option Form due January 31st-- This should come through email this month
- Mid-Year Review Meeting--Thursday, February 7th, 4:00-5:00 Year Two & ECO PTs & Mentors; 5:00-6:00 Year One PTs & Mentors